YM-11 Agar is used for the selective enumeration of yeasts and moulds using the ISO-GRID® and/or NEO-GRID® Membrane Filtration System. YM-11 Agar is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions in humans.
YM-11 Agar was formulated to stimulate rapid growth and colonial development of a wide range of fungi. Peptone sources were selected to maximise growth in this medium. YM-11 Agar is buffered at a neutral pH, and selective agents were included to inhibit bacteria growth.
YM-11 Agar is recommended for the rapid enumeration of yeasts and moulds in all foods using the ISO-GRID and/or NEO-GRID Membrane Filtration System method.
|Enzymatic Digest of Soybean Meal||20 g|
|Enzymatic Digest of Casein||20 g|
|Sodium Chloride||5 g|
|Potassium Phosphate, Dibasic||2.4 g|
|Trypan Blue||0.03 g|
Final pH: 7.0 ± 0.2 at 25°C
Formula may be adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance specifications.
Pre-sterilised Antibiotic Supplement, Chlortetracycline-HCl, 20 mL:
To reconstitute, aseptically add 100 mL sterile distilled water to a bottle containing 0.5 g pre-sterilised powder and shake to dissolve. Store Chlortetracycline solution at 2 - 8°C for up to 60 days.
- Suspend 67.5 g of the medium in one litre of purified water.
- Heat with frequent agitation and boil for one minute to completely dissolve the medium.
- Autoclave at 121° C for 15 minutes.
- Cool to 45 – 50°C. Aseptically add 20 mL of a 0.5 A% (wt/v) aqueous solution of Chlortetracycline HCl. Mix thoroughly.
- Check pH and adjust, if necessary to obtain a final pH of 7.0 ± 0.2 in the solidified medium.
- Dispense 18 – 20 mL volumes to sterile Petri dishes, cool until plates are solidified.
|Product #||Product Description|
|6904A||YM-11 Agar, 500 g|