Veratox® for Chloramphenicol is used for the quantitative analysis of chloramphenicol residues in shrimp.
The test is a competitive direct ELISA that provides exact concentrations in parts per trillion (ppt). Free chloramphenicol in the sample and controls competes with enzyme-labeled chloramphenicol (conjugate) for the antibody binding sites. After a wash step, substrate reacts with the bound enzyme conjugate to produce blue colour. A microwell reader is used to yield optical densities. Control optical densities form a standard curve, and sample optical densities are plotted against the curve to calculate the exact concentration of chloramphenicol.
Features and Benefits
- Rapid results easily determined by reader
- Low levels of detection for Minimum Required Performance Limit (MRPL)
- Lower limit of detection: 0.02 ng/mL or 10 ppt
- Range of quantitation: 10–1000 ppt
- Controls provided: 0.0, 0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.5, 2.0 ng/mL
- Testing time: 30 minutes
- Tests per kit: Up to 90
|Product #||Product Description|
|9551||Veratox for Chloramphenicol|