TSAF Agar (Tryptone Soy Fast Green Agar) is used in determining total bacterial counts with the ISO-GRID® and/or NEO-GRID® Membrane Filtration System in a laboratory setting. TSAF Agar (Tryptone Soy Fast Green Agar) is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions in humans.
Tryptone Soy Fast Green Agar is based on Tryptone Soy Agar. The original formula was modified by adding Fast Green FCF dye to enhance the visibility of the colonies. TSAF Agar is recommended for the enumeration of total bacteria from all foods using the ISO-GRID and/or NEO-GRID Membrane Filtration Method.
|Enzymatic Digest of Casein||15 g|
|Enzymatic Digest of Soybean Meal||5 g|
|Sodium Chloride||5 g|
|Fast Green (FCF)||0.25 g|
Final pH: 7.3 ± 0.2 at 25°C
Formula may be adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance specifications.
- Suspend 40.3 g of the medium in one litre of purified water.
- Heat with frequent agitation and boil for one minute to completely dissolve the medium.
- Autoclave at 121°C for 15 minutes.
- Cool to 45 – 50°C.
- Check pH and adjust, if necessary to obtain a final pH of 7.3 ± 0.2 in the solidified medium.
- Dispense 18 – 20 mL volumes to sterile Petri dishes, cool until plates are solidified.
|Product #||Product Description|
|6905A||TSAF Agar, 500 g|
6905 - TSAF Agar, Product Information Sheet [English]
For additional information or questions about product SDS documents, please contact Neogen at SDS@neogen.com.