Product number: 7655
OGYE Agar Base is used with oxytetracycline in the detection and isolation of yeasts and molds from foods in a laboratory setting. OGYE Agar Base is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions in humans.
Mossel, Visser, and Mengerink described Oxytetracycline-Glucose Yeast Extract (OGYE) Agar for the detection and enumeration of yeasts and molds in foods and other specimens of sanitary significance. Mossel et al. described improved recovery of yeasts and molds compared to acidified agar. This medium is supplemented with oxytetracycline as a selective agent, rather than relying on the low pH of acidified agar to suppress bacterial growth. Acidified agar is commonly used for detection of yeasts and molds in foods and dairy products, and OGYE Agar Base provides an alternate medium.
|Yeast Extract||5 g|
Final pH: 7.0 ± 0.2 at 25°C (with Oxytetracycline supplementation)
Formula may be adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance specifications.
100 mg Oxytetracycline, 10 mL sterile solution
- Suspend 37 g of the medium in one liter of purified water.
- Heat with frequent agitation and boil for one minute to completely dissolve the medium.
- Autoclave at 121°C for 15 minutes.
- Cool to 45 – 50°C.
- Aseptically add 10 mL of an aqueous filter sterilized solution containing 100 mg of oxytetracycline.
- Note: pH may need to be further adjusted following supplementation as different manufacturers' oxytetracycline affect pH of media differently.
|Product #||Product Description|
|7655A||OGYE Agar Base, 500 g|
|7655T||OGYE Agar Base, 5 kg|
NCM0132 - OGYE Agar Base, Safety Data Sheet [Danish] [Dutch] [English] [EU English] [Finnish] [French] [German] [Italian] [Spanish, Mexico] [Swedish]
NCM0132 - OGYE Agar Base, Technical Specifications Sheet [US English]
7655 - OGYE Agar Base, Product Information Sheet [English] [Portuguese]
For additional information or questions about product SDS documents, please contact Neogen at SDS@neogen.com.