Product number: NCM0096
Peptone Water is used for the cultivation of non-fastidious microorganisms, indole testing, and as a basal medium for carbohydrate fermentation studies. Peptone Water is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions in humans.
A general purpose growth medium that can be used as a base for carbohydrate fermentation studies. The medium has a high level of tryptone making it suitable for use in the indole test.
|Sodium Chloride||5.0 g/L|
pH: 7.2 ± 0.2 at 25°C
Formula may be adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance specifications.
- Dissolve 15 grams of the medium in one liter of purified water.
- Mix thoroughly and dispense into final containers.
- Autoclave at 121°C for 15 minutes.
- If sterile additions are to be made to this medium e.g. carbohydrates, the volume of water for reconstitution must be reduced accordingly.
- A pH indicator may be added to detect acid production from carbohydrate utilization.
Product was previously known as Acumedia Product: 7365 Peptone Water; and LabM Product: LAB104 Peptone Water
|Product #||Product Description|
|NCM0096A||Peptone Water, 500 g|
|NCM0096B||Peptone Water, 5 kg|
|NCM0096C||Peptone Water, 10 kg|
|NCM0096D||Peptone Water, 25 kg (European only size)|
|NCM0096E||Peptone Water, 50 kg (US only size)|
NCM0096 - Peptone Water, Safety Data Sheet [Danish] [Dutch] [English] [EU English] [Finnish] [French] [German] [Italian] [Spanish, Mexico] [Swedish]
7365 - Peptone Water, Product Information Sheet [English] [Portuguese]
7365 - Peptone Water, Technical Specifications Sheet [English]
For additional information or questions about product SDS documents, please contact Neogen at SDS@neogen.com.