Product number: NCM0225
Wort Agar is for the enumeration of yeasts and molds in butter, and is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions in humans.
This medium can be modified to enable it to isolate osmophilic yeasts from soft drinks and sugar products by the addition of high concentrations of sucrose and glucose.
|Malt Extract||15.0 g/L|
|Yeast Extract||7.0 g/L|
|Tartaric Acid||0.3 g/L|
|Dipotassium Phosphate||1.0 g/L|
|Ammonium Chloride||1.0 g/L|
Final pH: 5.0 ± 0.2 at 25°C
Formula may be adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance specifications.
- Suspend 48.3 grams of the medium in one liter of purified water.
- Add 2.35ml of glycerol and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Autoclave at 121°C for 15 minutes.
- Use 60 grams per liter if required for inoculation by plate streaking with a wire loop. Do not exceed time or temperature of sterilization.
- If osmophilic modification is required add 48.3 grams of powder to one liter of a solution containing 35% w/v sucrose and 10% w/v glucose then sterilize at 108°C (5 p.s.i.) for 20 minutes.
Product was previously known as LabM Product: LAB038 Wort Agar
|Product #||Product Description|
|NCM0225A||Wort Agar, 500 g|
|NCM0225B||Wort Agar, 5 kg|
|NCM0225C||Wort Agar, 10 kg|
|NCM0225D||Wort Agar, 25 kg (European only size)|
|NCM0225E||Wort Agar, 50 kg (US only size)|
NCM0225 - Wort Agar, Safety Data Sheet [Danish] [Dutch] [English] [EU English] [Finnish] [French] [German] [Italian] [Spanish, Mexico] [Swedish]
NCM0225 - Wort Agar, Technical Specifications Sheet [English]
For additional information or questions about product SDS documents, please contact Neogen at SDS@neogen.com.