Product number: NCM2013
Blood Agar Base No. 2 is used with blood for the isolation and cultivation of a wide variety of fastidious microorganisms.
A very rich agar base which, with the addition of blood, is capable of growing fastidious organisms. The medium gives colonial appearances, hemolysis patterns and pigment production of indicative value. When the blood is 'chocolated' the medium gives good recovery of Haemophilus spp. The medium can be made selective for various groups by the addition of appropriate antibiotic mixtures eg:
- Streptococcus spp. Colistin/Oxolinic acid (X013)
- Gardnerella spp. Colistin/Oxolinic acid (X011)
- C. perfringens Neomycin (X015) (X016)
- Staphylococcus/Streptococcus spp. Colistin/Naladixic acid (X012)
|Soy Peptone||2.5 g/L|
|Yeast Extract||5.0 g/L|
|Sodium Chloride||5.0 g/L|
pH: 7.4 ± 0.2 at 25°C
Formula may be adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance specifications.
- Suspend 39.5 grams of the medium in one liter of purified water.
- Heat with frequent agitation and boil for one minute to completely dissolve the medium.
- Autoclave at 121°C for 15 minutes.
- Cool to 45-50°C.
- Aseptically add 5-7% sterile, defibrinated horse or sheep blood.
- Mix well before pouring.
Product is only available in certain countries. Please contact your account manager if you require furthur details.
|Product #||Product Description|
|NCM2013A||Blood Agar Base No. 2 CE, 500 g|
|NCM2013B||Blood Agar Base No. 2 CE, 5 kg|
|NCM2013C||Blood Agar Base No. 2 CE, 10 kg|
|NCM2013D||Blood Agar Base No. 2 CE, 25 kg (European only size)|
LAB015 - Blood Agar Base No. 2 CE, Safety Data Sheet [Danish] [Danish] [Dutch] [Dutch] [English] [English] [EU English] [EU English] [Finnish] [Finnish] [French] [French] [German] [German] [Hungarian] [Italian] [Italian] [Spanish, Mexico] [Spanish, Mexico] [Swedish] [Swedish]
NCM2013 - Blood Agar Base No. 2 CE, Technical Specifications Sheet [English]
For additional information or questions about product SDS documents, please contact Neogen at SDS@neogen.com.