Product number: HAL010
Listeria Chromogenic Agar (according to the formulation of Ottaviani and Agosti) is a selective medium for the isolation and presumptive identification of Listeria monocytogenes from foodstuffs and related materials as described in ISO 11290-1:2014.
Harlequin® Listeria Chromogenic Agar was developed to isolate and differentiate L. monocytogenes and other Listeria spp. Listeria spp. are differentiated based on β-glucosidase enzyme activity and L. monocytogenes is differentiated based on its phospholipase enzyme activity. Lithium chloride in the base medium and supplementary antimicrobial compounds Ceftazidime, Polymyxin, Nalidixic acid and Cycloheximide provide the medium’s selectivity.
|Meat peptone||18 g|
|Yeast extract||10 g|
|Lithium chloride||10 g|
|Sodium chloride||5 g|
|Disodium hydrogen orthophosphate anhydrous||2.5 g|
|Sodium pyruvate||2 g|
|Magnesium solphate||0.5 g|
|Grams per liter||70.5 g|
Final pH: 7.2 ± 0.2
- Weigh 70.5 grams of powder and disperse in 950 mL of deionized water.
- Allow to soak for 10 minutes, swirl to mix
- Autoclave for 15 minutes at 121°C.
- Cool to 48-50°C and add 2 vials of reconstituted X072 supplement. Swirl to mix.
- Add 2 vials of X010 supplement (preheated to 48-50°C). Mix well with gentle end-over-end mixing and dispense into Petri dishes.
|Product #||Product Description|
|HAL010A||Harlequin Listeria Chromogenic Agar – 500 g|
Reference MaterialHAL010 - Harlequin Listeria Chromogenic Agar, Product Information Sheet [English]
HAL010 - Harlequin Listeria Chromogenic Agar, Safety Data Sheet [Danish] [Dutch] [English] [EU English] [Finnish] [French] [German] [Italian] [Spanish, Mexico] [Swedish]
For additional information or questions about product SDS documents, please contact Neogen at SDS@neogen.com.