Product number: 7718
Campy Cefex Agar is used for the selective isolation of Campylobacter spp. in a laboratory setting. Campy Cefex Agar is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions in humans.
Poultry is a primary reservoir of Campylobacter spp. and may cause contamination of more than 80% of chicken carcasses. Campy Cefex Agar is described by Stern et al. This medium was formulated to provide selective isolation of cephalothin-resistant Campylobacter spp. such as C. jejuni and C. coli.
|Enzymatic Digest of Casein||10 g|
|Enzymatic Digest of Animal tissue||10 g|
|Sodium Chloride||5 g|
|Yeast Extract||2 g|
|Sodium Pyruvate||0.5 g|
|Ferrous Sulfate||0.5 g|
|Sodium Bisulfite||0.3 g|
Final pH: 7.0 ± 0.2 at 25°C
Formula may be adjusted and/or supplemented as required to meet performance specifications.
Cefoperazone, 0.033 g
Sterile laked horse blood, 5%
- Dissolve 44.4 g of the medium in one liter of purified water.
- Heat with frequent agitation and boil for one minute to completely dissolve the medium.
- Autoclave at 121°C for 15 minutes.
- Cool medium to 50°C and aseptically add 10 mL of a filtered sterilized solution containing 0.033 g of Cefoperazone and 5% of sterile laked horse blood.
- Mix well and pour into Petri dishes.
|Product #||Product Description|
|7718A||Campy Cefex Agar, 500 g|
|7718T||Campy Cefex Agar, 5 kg|
|7718C||Campy Cefex Agar, 10 kg|