BioLumix® provides accurate and rapid microbiological answers in a complete system approach using an inexpensive and simple format.
The new patented technology is based on monitoring changes in a broth medium in which target microorganisms grow and are detected by changes in color or fluorescence. The reagents or the sensor change their color / fluorescence as metabolic processes take place. These changes are detected by an optical sensor and are monitored 10 times per hour.
The system and vials are validated against USP methodology, including USP 61, 62, 1223, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The software is 21 CFR Part 11 compliant with LIMS compatibility and audit trail.
Disposable Two-Zone Vial:
A crucial element of the technology is the creation of two zones in each vial:
- An incubation zone (top of vial) for the sample and microorganism
- A reading zone (bottom of vial)
This two-zone vial eliminates masking of the optical pathway by the product and by microbial turbidity. Because changes in the color or fluorescence are monitored in the reading zone, results are not influenced by the sample or the microorganisms.
- Changes in color or fluorescence, expressed as light intensity units, are detected by the optical sensor and recorded in the computer.
- Sample volume of up to 5 mL can be used in the prepared and ready-to-use disposable vial.
- Each vial location incorporates a dual-color Light Emitting Diode (LED) and a fluorescent tube to cover the full spectrum of colors and an ultraviolet light.
A Wide Variety of Applications:
Some of the available applications of the system include total counts, yeast and mold testing, objectionable organisms, cosmetics, personal care products, environmental monitoring, enzymatic reactions, fermentation process, growth kinetics for mathematical modeling, effects of inhibitory systems and growth parameters (pH, temperature, nutrients) on growth kinetics.
The BioLumix system can be applied to in-line and environmental sanitation by inserting swabs or sponges directly into the test vials. All segments of various industrial QC can utilize these applications.
- BioLumix System
- Soleris Vial, Coliform
- Soleris Vial, Direct Coliform - Buffered
- Soleris2 Vial, Enterobacteriaceae
- Soleris2 Vial, Gram Negative
- Soleris2 Vial, Heterotrophic
- Soleris2 Vial, Direct Lactic Acid
- Soleris Vial, Pseudomonas
- Soleris2 Vial, Staphylococcus
- Soleris Vial, Total Viable Count
- Soleris Vial, Direct Yeast and Mold with Chloramphenicol
- Soleris2 E. coli Vial
- Soleris2 Salmonella Vial