Today’s food industry is growing rapidly and with it, an increasing demand for diagnostic testing needs. With the passing of the Food Safety Modernization Act and the steady implementation of stricter food safety guidelines, food producers are finding it more critical every day to ensure their quality control teams are gauged and continuously monitored for proficiency and competency in the testing of food allergens and mycotoxins.
Neogen’s Proficiency Testing programs are designed to provide a robust and easy-to-use tool for monitoring and gauging competency regarding the use of in-house food safety diagnostic methods. By using our programs, you can be assured that the feedback you receive on program performance is quick, thorough, and accurate. We offer an expanding list of programs that you and your quality staff can participate in that emphasize practicality and consistency.Register for eCommerce
for Mycotoxins Proficiency
Testing Programs Mycotoxins Proficiency
Testing Program Data
Mycotoxin Proficieny Testing (PT) Program
The Mycotoxin PT program is Neogen’s most complete proficiency testing option. Under the program, participants receive blind samples each quarter, and the participants’ test results are confidentially compared against fellow participants and the consensus level of mycotoxin contamination. Immediately useful feedback is provided from Neogen, and if necessary, one-on-one support is provided to find and correct test protocol deficiencies. Multiple mycotoxins are available for use with the program.
Food Allergen Proficiency Testing (PT) Program
Under this program, participants receive blind samples on set schedules and the participants’ test results are confidentially compared against fellow participants and the verified consensus of food allergen contamination. Feedback is provided from Neogen, and if necessary, one-on-one support is provided to find and correct test protocol deficiencies. Multiple food allergens are available for use with the program.
Pathogen Proficiency Testing Program
The pathogen proficiency program is currently available for Salmonella and Listeria species for all rapid pathogen detection platforms. It’s straightforward and easily incorporated into your existing laboratory practices. Samples are distributed twice yearly and will arrive to your lab stable and ready for enrichment. Simply rehydrate the lyophilized target and inoculate your matrix. Reports will offer clear, concise information detailing the performance for all participants.
Neogen’s commitment in providing the highest quality programs includes:
- An independent and unbiased assessment of the accuracy and precision of your data
- A growing list of wide-ranging programs that offer relevant analytes in practical matrices
- Samples are prepared under ISO-controlled guidelines and will arrive to your site ready for testing; no additional preparation is necessary
- Confidentiality and discretion in the handling of your generated data
- Online portal for the submission of data
- Prompt, personal, and professional troubleshooting services in the event your performance does not meet satisfactory standards
- Management of programs matches industry standards for administration of Proficiency Testing programs